Identity theft is big business. Now, we’re finding out exactly how big.
The FTC estimates that as many as 9 million of us have our identity stolen each year. It’s topped the list of consumer complaints filed with the agency for the past 12 years running, garnering about 15% of all complaints. And new research from ID Analytics shows that there are roughly 10,000 identity theft rings in the United States involved in this fast-growing illegal enterprise.
That’s why Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation has included as a part of your membership this Identity Theft Credit Restoration Service.
All eligible* members of the household are covered and best of all – It’s Free!
Identity theft occurs when a thief uses an individual’s personal identification information, such as a social security number, an address, and/or credit and debit card numbers without permission with the intent of committing fraud or other crimes.
How does this ID Theft Credit Restoration Service work?
- If a Mississippi Farm Bureau member suspects that his or her identity has been stolen, they call the toll-free number listed below and speak with a trained Customer Service Representative.
- After gathering some basic information, a thorough assessment of the member’s unique situation will be performed to determine the nature and extent of the identity theft event.
- Once a determination has been made that a member’s identity has been stolen, the member is assigned a Personal Recovery Advocate and a case file is opened.
- Utilizing a Limited Power of Attorney, the Personal Recovery Advocate will work on the member’s behalf to restore their identity to pre-theft status.
- The Personal Recovery Advocate will remain assigned for as long as it takes to restore the member’s identity to pre-theft status.
What do I do if I think I’ve been a victim of ID Theft?